Oakwood Pediatric Dental is now Acorn Pediatric Dental - Book Now!
An anxiety-free solution to cavities
If you think your child has cavities, don’t worry — you have options to help them recover their healthy smile. One of our favorite treatments is Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF), a non-invasive, quick, and effective way to treat cavities and prevent further decay, especially in children with baby teeth.
SDF is a topical liquid solution that is applied directly to the surface of your child’s tooth. This means there’s no need to use needles or drills — ideal for children who have trouble sitting still! SDF solution includes Fluoride, which strengthens the tooth’s enamel and fights bacteria, and silver, which treats and prevents decay.
SDF cavity treatments in Middletown are great for:
- $Restless children
- $Children with special needs
- $Children with baby teeth
- $Kids with multiple cavities
- $Children who have molar cavities
Dr. Jason and the staff are FANTASTIC! I was holding back tears due to being so impressed with his professionalism and friendliness. I’m so grateful to find him and I’m looking forward future appointments.
Dr. Jason is skilled, patient, personable, and put the whole family at ease. When your 5-year-old leaves the dental chair smiling, you know it’s a win!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my child a good candidate for SDF cavity treatment?
If your child has one or more cavities in their permanent teeth, Dr. Tesoriero may recommend other options, like fillings and crowns.
Other reasons why Dr. Tesoriero may advise other options are:
- Your child is allergic to silver
- Your child has gingivitis or other ulcerative condition
How can I tell if my child has tooth decay?
Not sure if your child has cavities? Keep an eye out for the following signs:
- Tooth pain
- Sensitive teeth
- Dark areas on one or more teeth
If you notice one or more of these symptoms, book an appointment for cavity treatment in Middletown today!
How long does this procedure take?
Why do I need to treat cavities in baby teeth?
- Damage their emerging permanent teeth
- Impact their eating habits
- Affect their self-esteem and school performance
- Cause problems related to speech development
- Lead to infections in the mouth & other parts of the body